본 게시물은 생생한 아프리카 소식을 전달하는 아프리카 뉴스 전문 프로젝트 블로그, 

잠보리카에서 발췌한 내용입니다.




http://blog.naver.com/jamborica/220200668254







http://allafrica.com/stories/201410311553.html

 

 

 

나미비아 정부, 내년 1월부터 13학년제 도입
교과과정안에는 직업교육도 포함돼

 

 

빈트후크(Windhoek) - 교육부장관인 데이비드 남완디(David Namwandi)

검토하여 개정된 기초교육 커리큘럼을 시행할 것이라고 발표했다.

이 커리큘럼은 13학년 제도로서 교과과정 안에 직업교육이 포함되어 있다.

새로운 커리큘럼은 내년 1월부터 적용될 예정이며 유치부부터 13학년까지 학업과 직업교육을 모두 제공한다.

대학 졸업장이 없이는 불합격 할 것이라는 사회적 인식이 있습니다. 제 생각에 그것은 옳지 않아요.

전 세계적으로 정식 교육과정을 거친 25퍼센트의 학생들만이 학구적 성향을 가지고 있고,

나머지 75퍼센트는 기술적 능력을 가지고 있어요.” 남완디는 덧붙였다.

 

상위레벨인 13학년을 개설하고 커리큘럼을 검토하는 것과는 별도로

직업교육을 중점으로 가르치는 고등교육기관이 필요하다고 남완디는 말했다.

그는 또한 학생들은 직업교육과 훈련을 통해 각 분야에 필요한 전문기술을 습득할 수 있다고 말한다.

직업교육을 받은 개인은 자신의 취업뿐만 아니라 다른 이들을 위한 일자리도 제공할 수 있습니다.

커리큘럼은 국가의 필요와 이상, 그리고 염원에 초점을 두고 짜일 것입니다.”

경제는 학문만으로 이루어지는 게 아니기 때문에 적극적인 직업훈련교육이 꼭 필요하다고 덧붙였다.

나미비아는 이 과정을 혼자 헤쳐 나갈 능력이 부족하기 때문에 세계 각국의 도움을 필요로 합니다.” 그는 말했다.

 

남완디 장관은 독일과 터키에서 양국의 다양한 직업기술제도를 연구하고 막 귀국한 참이었다.

저는 매우 만족합니다. 이제 전문대학이나 직업교육학교 설립 추진을 위한 적절한 제안서를 내각에 제출하면 됩니다.

이미 운영되고 있는 직업훈련소를 강화시키거나 새로운 센터를 설립할 수도 있겠지요.

독일을 방문하는 동안 장관은 개발협력에 대해 독일 인사들과 회담을 가졌으며

독일 정부는 직업훈련교육촉진(proVET) 지원과 원조를 늘렸다.

 

이로 인해 나미비아는 제도 실행을 위한 세금부담금과 장애우를 위한 장비 구비를 비롯한 훈련장비 지원,

수준향상을 위한 수용력 확장, VET 강사 훈련과 실력증진, 교육방법교류와 결합 프로그램 등을 제공받는다.

터키에서 장관은 양국관계당사자간의 상호이해 증진을 위해 공동이익을 기초로 한 교육개발을 목표로 양해각서(MOU)를 체결했다.

김미정 역

Namibia: Govt to Introduce Grade 13 in January

By Patricia Heitha

 

 

Windhoek The Minister of Education, Dr David Namwandi, announced plans to introduce a reviewed and revamped basic education curriculum which will introduce a thirteenth grade and embrace vocational training as part of the teaching system.

 

The new curriculum will be implanted from January next year, starting with Grade Zero to 13, to cater for both academic and vocational training.

 

"Currently there is a perception by the public that if you do not have a university degree you are a reject. In my view that is wrong. Research around the world shows that only 25 percent of students or learners who go through formal education are academically inclined, the remaining 75 percent is more technically orientated," Namwandi elaborated.

 

Apart from reviewing the curriculum and adding Grade 13, which is an advanced level, Namwandi said there is a need for secondary schools dedicated to vocational training, adding that vocational education and training is important to enable young people with special needs to focus on that area.

 

"Individuals with vocational training skills not only create employment for themselves but they also create employment for others.

 

"The curriculum must respond to our national needs, our ideals and aspirations," said Namwandi.

 

He added that economies are not only built by academics alone, hence the need to aggressively invest in vocational training.

 

"We are not capable as a nation to do this alone; we need to rub shoulders with friends around the world," Namwandi told New Era.

 

The minister had just returned home from Germany and Turkey where he had the opportunity to study the various vocational and technical systems in the two countries.

 

"I was very satisfied. We now have to compile a proper submission to Cabinet to spearhead the establishment of either community colleges or vocational training colleges. We can opt to establish new vocational centres or strengthen those in existence."

 

During his visit the minister held talks on development cooperation with German officials and, as a result, the German government increased their support and contribution for the promotion of Vocational Education and Training (ProVET).

 

This will help enhance support and training equipment support, capacity building particularly on upgrading, upskilling and training of VET teachers, pedagogical exchange and twinning programmes, as well as support for the implementation of a training levy and training equipment for people with disabilities.

 

In Turkey, Namwandi signed a memorandum of understanding with his counterpart, aimed at developing education on the basis of reciprocity and mutual benefits to promote relations and mutual understanding between parties.

Posted by 올아프리카 africa club

댓글을 달아 주세요